Monday, May 21, 2012

Kitchen Towel Makeover


 I made these kitchen towels to go in my newly updated kitchen.  They are so much fun to make.  I love quick sewing projects like this because I get a "fabric fix" without a lot of mess!

I made these towels using "bar mop" towels from Target - they are $4 for a set of 4.  I recommend washing them - they turn all different kinds of shapes in the dryer!

I sewed a band of fabric with Ric Rac edges to the bottom.  I folded the raw edge in at the sides of the towel and top stitched the whole thing.  The top loop I made with ribbon and Velcro - that way I can get them on and off the handle of the oven.   I sewed an accent square out of a charm square (5") in the corner to hide the ribbon ends.  Easy Peasy!!

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! Thanks to you, I now have a new way to use those cute bits and pieces I can't bear to toss. Toss? No one does that, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ! I'm going to make some, one DD has her first apt. and the other a new house ... plus I need new towels too. Thx for sharing with us !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, so easy to customise to your own kitchen/bathroom colourway. Now added to my 'to make' list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea. Really beats the previous pattern I was using for this. Easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea. Really beats the previous pattern I was using for this. Easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea. Really beats the previous pattern I was using for this. Easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you iron the towel when it came out of the dryer all wonky?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat and usable gift idea! It is a great use of scraps and left over charm squares. I will put this project on my "to sew for Christmas gifts for 2017". Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea. Quick and easy to make ahead and have on hand. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so cute. I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete