Saturday, June 16, 2012

Strippy Qult

I am entering my "Strippy Quilt" in the Summer Sewing Contest over at Ellison Lane Quilts.  There I are so many fun entries - you should check them out!!
 

I used a Moda Fandango Jelly Roll for this quilt.  It measures 62 1/2" x 74 1/2".  You can get the pattern HERE for free!

This quilt is entirely made of 2 1/2 inch strips.  But don't let that fool you!!  This created it's own set of challenges.  Since there are no blocks or intersections, there is nothing to line up the strips with and it's easy to get wonky!  The method of construction is to sew cream pieces on each of the ends of the colored fabric.  Then you offset each row how you want.  When I was piecing I was left with a huge quilt top that had uneven sides to be "squared up".  I was taping it to the wood floors - trying to use the lines in the floor to measure the sides.  I spent as much time sewing the quilt top as getting it even! 
 Once that was done it was fun to quilt and even funner to use!  (Yes "funner" is a word in my house!)





Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful! Fandango is such a lovely fabric and this pattern shows it off so well.

    ReplyDelete