Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gingerbread Houses

 Gingerbread House-Making has evolved over the years for me.  Eight years ago I was baking my own gingerbread, cutting the house pieces with a knife, making hard-tack candy for stained glass windows, inserting a light inside the house, creating a door that really opened, made my frosting from scratch.....you get the picture!!
 Fast forward to 2012 and it's pretty pathetic!!  Enter the pre-baked gingerbread house purchased from the craft store and the GLUE GUN!!
Yes, glue gun!!

 It's only a few days until Christmas and my children are finally out of school.  They only care about putting candy on the house and I ran out of time.  It was lots of fun anyway - and NO STRESS!!  The glue gun worked amazing (I know you are all cringing, as am I!)

 The children got to create and mommy wasn't hovering making sure they looked picture perfect.
 Ryan's roof was made out of Captain Crunch Berries Cereal!

 They turned out cute and the children could not tell all the corners I cut!  Gingerbread House Making Day....check!!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda!! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Head on over to http://healthyhiggins.blogspot.com/2013/01/woohoo-liebster-award.html and see what all it entails!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fellow donor to Marcie's giveaway. I thought I would check out the other blogs and to my delight I found you. I love your projects- this is something I don't say lightly. I find a most craft blogs are full of nothing but crappy, poorly designed, poorly executed, and just plain blah projects. Yours are cute- love the little Peppermint towels/soap combo. My son would be happy to move in with you. Jedi all the way! Finally, in order to make you GREEN with JEALOUSY… I have the Elf on the Shelf that was given to me on my birthday..as in the ACTUAL Birth Day. That little guy is 45 years old. You did a great job of staging the photos- made me giggle. I'm lame, I just hang him on the tree every year. The ironic thing is my mom threw him away one year and I Happened to see her do it and I was super mad and rescued him. ThIs was decades before the book gave rise to his popularity. He was just something that I loved because he was so old and was given to me at birth, that seemed to make it special.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete