Thursday, March 27, 2014

Burlap Bunny Pillows


I can't get enough of these appliqué bunnies in the Anna Griffin Grace fabrics!!  I had some left over from my Bunny Bricks Quilt so I thought I would make a few burlap pillows for gifts.  They are so cute and sew up really fast.  


Here's how you can make one:
  • Cut 2 pieces of burlap 8" x 11"
  • I already had the Heat n Bond Lite fused to the bunny, so I just ironed it to the center of the burlap.
  • Stitch around the bunny twice using brown thread.
  • Pin the two pieces of burlap wrong sides together.  
  • Cut a 17" piece of lace and pin in place, tucking the raw edges inside the pillow.
  • Sew 1/2" seam around the pillow leaving an opening at the bottom to stuff.  Stuff with fiber-fill and top stitch the opening closed.






They are so cute, and did I mention I love bunnies?  They are the cats of Easter :)



Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving all your bunny projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be a duplicate comment, but I just love your bunnies! They are the cutest and I really should have one of my own. I'll have to work on that!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these bunnies! Would love so have the pattern for the bunny.

    ReplyDelete