Thursday, April 17, 2014

Parable of the Sower, Day #12



Hi! I'm Melanie from LDS Handouts.   I'm super excited to take part in the event. I started my blog so I could share my handouts I was making for Young Women with others. Since then, it has expanded to a whole bunch of different free handouts. I live in Idaho with my awesome husband and 4 children, ages 11, 8, 5, and 2.

I picked The Parable of the Sower because I love parables!! I love the way Jesus taught-by using things that were familiar to the people of the time. I have taken this parable and presented it in a way that I would do it for my family. Enjoy!

The Parable of the Sower
Attention Activity: 
Scripture: Read the Parable of the Sower found in Luke 8: 4-15
Lesson: To reinforce the parable and the meanings, play memory with the cards provided. Match the object with the meaning.
Print out these cards and cut them in half (Card size is 4x6)








Activity: Plant seeds together. Talk about what you need to get a seed to grow in good soil. Talk about how we can make that soil good. Elder Faust gave an awesome talk entitled "Of Seeds and Soil" that shares ways we can make our soil good for our seeds to grow. You can tape this handout to each cup.


Refreshments: Make "dirt cups" by following this recipe from Kraft.

Resources:
Parable of the Sower coloring pages:
http://www.theclipartwizard.com/sower-coloring-pages.htm

Kids activities and lesson for the Parable of the Sower:
http://kidsbibledebjackson.blogspot.com/2012/08/parable-of-sower.html

No comments:

Post a Comment