Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sunglasses Zipper Pouch Tutorial

Today I am sharing my tutorial for a zippered sunglasses case over on the Therm O Web Blog.  What is great about this zipper pouch is the lining is made of flannel so it is soft on the lenses.  I love this fabric - it's the "blue" version of the Clementine fabric by Blend.  It screams summer to me.



Here you can see the gray flannel inside the pouch:
 For the zipper pull, I took apart some owl earrings and used a split ring to attach the owl to the zipper pull.  I always am on the look-out for cheap dangly earrings!


It's not too late to sew up one of these in time for Mother's Day.  It should only take about 30 minutes!

For a slightly different version…...
 cut a 1" square notch out of each corner of the bag when it's in this stage:
Open the notches, and match the seams, sewing a 1/4" seam.  This gives the bag a "bottom" and allows the pouch to stand up.  I can't decide which one I like the best!   



Amanda

1 comment:

  1. tutorials are great, but I hate sewing zippers. lol. but I have favorited this post and will have to try this.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Debbi
    -YankeeBurrow

    ReplyDelete